Phoning home from India: Just buy a sim card and you’re Ready to Go: Yes? Actually; No. -It is more complicated than that!
So, be prepared and bring
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of your Visa Permit to visit India
- A copy of your home address and if possible a utility bill from home- I had a copy of my form I filled up for my visa which seemed top work OK
- A copy of the address you are visiting in India
- A telephone number of the person you are staying with in India who will vouch for you. I gave the name and number of Sr Anna and Korkos number which seemed to work
- A recent signed passport photograph I Had to go to camera shop across the road, get it taken, find a police man get it signed and then go back into shop! _ honest I ‘kidd’ you not!!
And, be prepared to wait several days for your phone to be activated.
Note to self
Who would have known that such a thing as getting a phone would be such a complicated affair!!