Quite honestly I hate that stuff even though, if I am not careful I can preach sometimes ,which is hilarious when you consider that I hate to receive unsolicited advice, especially when I am having a bad day.
That is the thing about advice, no one can live our lives for us. This can be difficult for family and friends when it appears to them that we are traveling on a path that they do not approve of.
And yet I can- despite my best efforts, be judgmental at times. My mother bless her, was not.
She used to say that life’s lessons need to be hard as nothing is learned at a cocktail party.
Wise woman, my mother.
She also had a wonderful ‘ To Do‘ list which went something like this…..
- Drink plenty of water and reduce tea, coffee, sugar and meat as much as possible.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables-preferably grown locally.
- Get out into the fresh air and go for brisk walks.
- Start practising your smile, try it out on strangers and watch what happens!!!
- Go to funny movies/shows and laugh out loud.
- Never forget help is at hand in the form of a friendly ear, remembering to choose wisely who you share your thoughts with.
- Never underestimate the power of prayer whomsoever you conceive your God to be.
- Take plenty of warm oat baths, rest and get as much sleep as possible.
So on this Monday the next time someone asks you what have you done with your life. Just smile and say’As far as possible you avoid negative people and when you do engage with them you protect yourself in a dome of light.
Note to self
Let’s all protect ourselves in a dome of golden light my friends, today more than ever as we live in a time of great uncertainty.
Hugs and love to you all and to our troubled world.
Your own Irish Mammy,