Just breathe gently in and out, through your nostrils. If you can, sit down, uncross your legs , place your feet firmly on the floor with your back straight and unsupported if possible, place your hands on your knees, with your palms facing down.
For the next few moments, permit your mind to really concentrate on your senses, one at a time, starting with your sense of Touch
- Become aware of the clothes on your body and the play of air on your face and hands.Feel your hands resting on your knees, what sensation you are feeling: Is it warm or cold? Without any effort at all, allow your mind to focus on your hands as they rest on your knees.
- Now turn attention to your sense of Smell. Breathe in deeply inhaling all the aromas around you, what are you smelling right now is it bitter or sweet: stale or sour? Stay there for a few moments.
- Then, become aware of your tongue in your mouth and your sense of Taste. What taste in us your mouth right now? Stay with it
- Next your sense of Sight, your eyes may be closed but you can become aware of your Intuitive Eye by focusing on the center of your forehead.
- Finally the most important sense of all. Your sense of hearing. Allow yourself to focus on all the Sounds around you. Become one with sound as you merge into it. Extend your hearing out to the furthest sound and the stillness beyond all sound, beyond all doing and activity. Stay with it. Listen…. Listen…. Listen… stretching your hearing out to the furthest sound to stillness beyond all doing …beyond all activity and allow your mind rest there.
- If your mind wanders bring it back to the listening
- When you are ready, take a big breath:inhale deeply and extend your arms upwards.
- Hold your breath for a moment and send salutations to the sky, thanking it for the gift of light.
- Then turn your palms outwards and downwards and exhale deeply, as far as possible- without straining, allow all the air to empty out of your lungs.
- Hold your breath for a moment and send salutations earth,thanking it for the gift of life.
- Inhale and imagine roots growing from your feet, grounding you to the rich brown earth. Stay there for a moment and then exhale
- Inhale again become aware of your feet as you stand rooted in Mother Earth.Stay there for a moment and then exhale
- Imagine a beautiful blue light descending from the heavens above, bathing and energizing you . Inhale this light deep into your body and stay there.
- You are connected to the heavens above and the earth below.
- All is well.
- You are at one with the universe and whether you are aware of it or not, there is a natural order to life and you are part of it.
Note to self
May the week ahead be filled with fun and laughter.
Life is precious.
For this week lets be in awe of the wonder of it all.
Hugs and Love,