Christmas is a time of celebration and office parties. Sometimes we can say, eat or drink too much. Recovery of the mind takes time. Thankfully, with a little help from mother nature the body bounces back faster. Raw uncooked spring cabbage is brilliant for hangover due to its high vitamin C and E content. It also contains many minerals including potassium, sulphur, magnesium, iodine and calcium. Therese vitamins and minerals facilitate the restoration of body’s cells and tissues. The good news is that the old remedy is cheap and easy to make.
- Only use spring cabbage fresh from the garden. The curly cabbage sold in supermarkets will not suffice
- Chop the cabbage on wooden board and place in the bottom of earthenware jug, add some freshly chopped mint
- Cover in freshly boiled water that has been allowed to cool a little.
- Cover jug in cotton cloth and leave to sit overnight
- Strain juice and place in the fridge,
- Drink half a glass of freshly made cabbage juice three times a day, preferably first thing in the morning, late afternoon and bedtime, on an empty stomach.
Note to self
If you make this juice the before you go out to celebrate the festive season and drink it when you get home. I promise to will prevent that woozy feeling you get from over indulgence.
Have a great week.
Enjoy and love one another.