The only gift I can offer the suffering is my silence and yet after all these years, I find it difficult to really listen. The habits, patterns, motivations of a life time imprinted in my soul. O that I could be the person described in the anonymous poem below…
I know you are listening when:
You come quietly into my private world and allow me to be me
You really try to understand me even when I am not making much sense
You grasp my point of view even when it goes against your own sincere convictions
You realise the time I have taken from you has left you a bit tired and a bit drained
You allow me the dignity of making my own decisions, even though you think they may be wrong
You don’t take my problem from me, but allow me to deal with it in my own way
You hold back your desire to give good advice when you sense I am not ready for it
You give me enough room to discover for myself what is going on
You accept my gift of gratitude by saying how good it makes you feel to know that you’ve been helpful.
The aim of this seminar is to enhance knowledge and skills in the treatment emotional issues which can arise during a reflexology session.
We will also consider practical after care advice that can be given to clients to do at home.
For the past thirty years Marie Therese has worked as a facilitator in positive self-awareness, reflexology and health. Above all Marie Therese loves people, she loves to talk and she loves to listen. This presentation on Emotional Reflexology comes her experience as a therapist working with different groups as well as her research and understanding into different healing practices including reflexology and meditation.Marie Therese has qualifications in nursing, midwife, psychology, education and reflexology. This eclectic background has influenced her teaching and writing.Director of the Galway Institute and Wellbeing and Reflexology www.galwaywellbeing.com and Patron of The National Register of Reflexology. www.nationalreflexology.ie Marie Therese has been providing courses in reflexology, relaxation and mindfulness, since 1988.
Recently she has expanded her knowledge and skills online through her blogs https://miraculoussearch.wordpress.com. and FB in Irish Nurses Cures
If you have any queries whatsoever do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com
If you find it difficult to prepare food with focused attention practice the following and watch what happens:
- Prepare where you are going to eat. Eating must not be considered as a secondary activity that is carried out without much thought or attention in front of the television or reading a book. It is a celebration, a gift of energy and health from nature which we cannot live without.
- Before you start to eat take a moment and be still and bless the food and thank nature for it. It doesn’t have to be a formal prayer just a quiet moment of appreciation and gratitude will suffice. If you are eating food that is prepared by someone else, you can quietly bless their efforts as well as thanking them verbally.
- Blessing your food also brings you back into the present moment and away from the negative meanderings of the undisciplined mind.
- If someone or something distracts you while you are preparing your food, stop what you are doing and give all your attention to the distraction and then resume your activities when the time is right. I promise it will take less time than the effort of trying to do two things at once
- Never discuss business, conflict or problems when you eat your food because you will ingest the negative energy that is associated with this behaviour, rather than savouring the flavour and textures of the food that had been prepared for you. This is very important rule of health that many people choose to ignore and then they wonder why they have ulcers!
- Taking time to enjoy food is an acknowledgement of the celebration of life.
- Whenever you can share your food with others, in the end there is always plenty to go around and you will be amazed who would love to share a meal with you, all you need to do is ask.
Have a great January you guys!
Mind how you go.
And as I always say, be kind to yourself, love yourself, care for yourself.
Self-care and protection will bring good people into your life and will give you the courage to be kind and compassionate to those the challenging people we encounter at times.