- Prepare where you are going to eat. Eating must not be considered as a secondary activity that is carried out without much thought or attention in front of the television or reading a book. It is a celebration, a gift of energy and health from nature which we cannot live without.
- Before you start to eat take a moment and be still and bless the food and thank nature for it. It doesn’t have to be a formal prayer just a quiet moment of appreciation and gratitude will suffice. If you are eating food that is prepared by someone else, you can quietly bless their efforts as well as thanking them verbally.
- Blessing your food also brings you back into the present moment and away from the negative meanderings of the undisciplined mind.
- If someone or something distracts you while you are preparing your food, stop what you are doing and give all your attention to the distraction and then resume your activities when the time is right. I promise it will take less time than the effort of trying to do two things at once
- Never discuss business, conflict or problems when you eat your food because you will ingest the negative energy that is associated with this behaviour, rather than savouring the flavour and textures of the food that had been prepared for you. This is very important rule of health that many people choose to ignore and then they wonder why they have ulcers!
- Taking time to enjoy food is an acknowledgement of the celebration of life.
- Whenever you can share your food with others, in the end there is always plenty to go around and you will be amazed who would love to share a meal with you, all you need to do is ask.
Have a great January you guys!
Mind how you go.
And as I always say, be kind to yourself, love yourself, care for yourself.
Self-care and protection will bring good people into your life and will give you the courage to be kind and compassionate to those the challenging people we encounter at times.